Short Paragraph on My Aim in Life

George Eliot says

What makes the life dreary

Is the want of motive. No human being can live without ambitions and desires. Everybody has his own dreams and goals to fulfill in his future life. The aim is very important in life because it brings all our energies to one point. It is like a guiding star. It provides directions for our attempts. As Robert Browning says:

The aim, if reaches or not makes great the life.

It is our desires and ambitions which give us the stimulus to work and act. They are the main source of inspiration. We must select our future career keeping in view our taste, temperament, and ability.

When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind.

There are as many aims as men. Some want to be doctors: Others to be engineers. Some wish to be civil and military officers. Others to be poets and writers. As far as my aim in life is concerned, I desire to be a professor of English.

Teaching is not a paying profession. Teachers all over the world are low paid people. The reason is that the world cannot pay for their services. There are several reasons for my choice.

First, teaching is a noble profession. The best people in the world are those who teach t others. To me, this profession is the only profession in which a man can serve his nation in the best possible manner. Engineers may build grand buildings, roads and massive dams. Doctors may treat the patients and may put life into the dead. Civil and military officers may beast of their services to the nation. But could they be so without the guidance of their teachers.

A teacher is an engineer-maker. a doctor-maker an officer maker. He is like a ladder, which remains at its place but helps others to climb higher and higher It is only the men that glorify the nation. These men are made in the teaching institution. Secondly, I am suited to this profession. I am fond of reading and teaching. I take pleasure in solving problems and explaining them to others. By adopting this profession, I will be able to lead a life of learning.
Thirdly, some persons may ask if I want to be a professor, why a professor of English the answer is that English literature is my favourite subject. A man can serve his nation well, if he is interested in his work and only then he can inspire his students.

A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring a desire

to learn is hammering on cold iron. Realization of such a noble ambition is possible only when a man devotes all his time to studies. Keeping this in view, I work hard and make an intensive study of English literature. Whatever, others think of my aim, I am satisfied with it. It is according to my taste and nature. As words worth says:

A noble aim faithfully kept, is as a noble deed

The post Short Paragraph on My Aim in Life appeared first on The College Study.



Tags