This past weekend I finally had a little bit of time to sit down and start planning out next school year. One of the things I did was make a wish list of all the books I'd like to purchase for History. (We'll be using Connecting With History Volume 3, continuing from Volume 1 and Volume 2.) It had been awhile since I'd visited Book Closeouts, but I thought I would do a little searching to see if I could find discounts on some of the Living History Books I was hoping to purchase. I was able to find five titles from our Volume 3 Booklist, a few to save for the next time we study Volumes 1 & 2, as well as some other fun books! Here's a peek at my order:
For this coming year's Connecting with History Volume 3:
- Rumpelstiltskin Price: $3.49
- Rapunzel (Hardcover) Price: $7.99 (They also have a few of the softcover edition!)
- The Empty Pot Price: $2.99
- The Eagle Of The Ninth Price: $2.49
- A Medieval Feast Price: $3.49
To add to our Connecting with History Volume 2 Collection:
- King Arthur And His Knights Of The Round Table Price: $2.49
- King Arthur And His Knights Of The Round Table Price: $6.99
(I bought both editions for my boys.)
To add to our Connecting with History Volume 1 Collection:
- Warrior Scarlet Price: $2.49
- Tales Of Ancient Egypt (Puffin Classics) Price: $1.99
A Few Others I purchased:
- Alexander The Great (Usborne Famous Lives, Series 3) Price: $3.99 (No available link since I bought the last one.)
- Jamie O'Rourke And The Big Potato Price: $2.99
- Jamie O'Rourke And The Pooka Price: $3.49
- Saint Francis Of Assisi: A Life Of Joy Price: $6.99
And, of course, FLOWER FAIRIES!!! I'm planning on saving these for Twinkle Toes' birthday next month (shhhhh) :
- The Flower Fairies Alphabet Coloring Book Price: $1.99
- How Zinnia Got Her Name (Flower Fairies Friends) Price: $2.99
- Flower Fairies Sparkly Sticker Book Price: $2.49 (Again I bought the last ones of these titles, but you can find other options here and here.)
- Flower Fairies Paper Dolls Price: $2.99
- Sunshine And Showers (A Flower Fairies Handbook) Price: $2.99
I could have kept shopping but I had to stop.
My subtotal was $65.42 plus shipping and handling of $8.25, but after entering a coupon code (I think it was good for purchases of $65+) I found online (code: brickcity-10 / password: bookcloseouts.com) which took an extra $20.00 off, bringing my total to only $53.57 for 18 books - an average of only $2.97 each!
There are limited quantities available of each book, but I hope some of you are able to take advantage of these great prices!





